- How much RAM Memory can I install in my Windows computer? What does it depend on?
- Q. Some manufacturers sell Pro, Business, or Enterprise lines of SSDs. Are they worth it?
- Have you talked to an elder today? Reach out to others
- What SSD drives and RAM fit Late-2012 and newer Macintoshes?
- Q. Overclocking RAM, what does that mean?
- Q. Do I upgrade my Drive or my RAM?
- Q. Why isn’t my new vocal microphone working?
- Q. Why do I have to install my RAM modules in pairs?
- Q. My machine feels slower than before, what do I do?
- How to test a hard drive (Windows)
- Q. Why can you sometimes upgrade RAM to more than the manufacturer suggested?
- Q. My old MacBook Pro is dead. How can I run its internal drive with OS X 10.11 as an external drive?
- Computer Questions and Answers
- Free stuff
- General Computer
- Hard Drive News
- Hard Drives and SSD
- Internet and Networking
- iPad, iPhone, iPod
- Local to Victoria
- Mac questions
- Media and Commentary
- Memory News
- Music recording, instruments, hard & software
- PC Gaming
- Product Reviews
- Smartphone News
- The Best Of
- Viruses and malware
- Web News
- Windows questions
- August 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- March 2018
- June 2017
- October 2016
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
Author Archives: quill
Your computer has a certain number of sockets for memory on its logic board. That will define how many modules can be installed. The machine will also have a maximum RAM module size that can be addressed. In most cases, … Continue reading
Q. Why should I invest more money in a Pro, Business or Enterprise line of Solid State Drives instead of the cheaper consumer SSD’s? A. In order to answer the question, we need to dive into how SSD drives are … Continue reading
Have you talked to an elder today? With social distancing, isolation takes its toll. Consider reaching out by phone, daily, to neighbors, shut-ins, singles, elders and any other vulnerable people you know. Offer your support in whatever way you can, connect … Continue reading
Starting with the Late 2012 models, Apple changed the format of drives and memory in most Macs. ( Link to pre-2012 model list ) MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models (including all the “Retina” screen models) lost the ability to … Continue reading
Q. I have heard of overclocking RAM – Is this possible at all? A. Yes, a computer has a standard memory speed it is designed for, and it is possible to increase the memory speed, if your memory and computer … Continue reading
Q. What is better, a SSD Drive upgrade versus a RAM upgrade? A. It depends a lot on what you are doing with your computer, whether you have an adequate amount of either right now, and what your goals are. … Continue reading
Q. I just bought a new microphone, and I have plugged it in and there is no sound. Is it broken? A. Chances are, your microphone is a condenser microphone, either a large diameter diaphragm or small diameter diaphragm mic … Continue reading
Q. Why do I have to install my computer memory modules in pairs? A. Normally a motherboard addresses memory through a 64 bit data channel. When a computer motherboard is designed to use Dual Channel memory access, it can address … Continue reading
Q. My machine feels slower than before, I have done all I know to make it feel like before but no luck – do I need to upgrade? A. Performance slows when your software demands more than your hardware can … Continue reading
First. last and always – Back up There is no substitute for having regular and verified backups of your data. If you don’t have a backup routine, you need to establish one, ASAP. How do I know a drive is … Continue reading
1. How is that I can install more memory on my Apple machine than Apple supports? A. When manufacturers release a machine, the manuals are written with the available information at that time – for example, a machine may be … Continue reading
Q. My old MacBook Pro is dead. How can I run its internal drive with OS X 10.11 as an external drive?
A. First, what year and model of MacBook Pro is it? If it is a 2012 or older, it is simple, because it is a 2.5 inch SATA drive. You’ll remove the hard drive and put the drive into an … Continue reading
A. The iPad doesn’t have a USB port so you may think you can’t use a USB stick but actually you can. First you get an Apple USB 3.0 Camera Connection Kit for Lightning, which gives you USB 3.0 A … Continue reading
Q. After I renamed my SD card files, the photos no longer showed up on my camera, but it shows up on my computer. How do I fix this?
A. As you have accidentally found out, cameras require photos to be in specific places with specific naming conventions. The directories on the SD card will have specific names. Usually the image files themselves are sequentially numbered, such as IMG_01281.jpg … Continue reading